2021 Rodeo Bible Camp
Faith Over Fear
Rodeo Bible Camp Arena Instructors:
- Daniel Scribner: (At Large Instructor) Daniel comes from a family of ranch rodeo champions. He is part of the Scribner Ranch in El Dorado. In 2010, Daniel, along with his dad and brothers won the World Championship Ranch Rodeo trophy. In 2017, the team won the Kansas Championship Ranch Rodeo trophy. He has qualified for WRCA finals many times.
- Brady Bartel: (Chute Dogging Instructor): Brady grew up on a ranch with horses. He started steer wrestling when he was 18 years old. He was on Fort Hays State University’s rodeo team from 1997 to 2001. Brady has competed in PRCA rodeos and various amateur rodeos and jackpots from 1997 to 2012. Brady qualified for the Prairie Circuit Finals in 2001 in steer wrestling.
- Casey Burdick (Chute Doggin Instructor): Casey has more than 30 years horsemanship experience. He was on the Pratt Community College Rodeo Team and the Kansas State University rodeo team. Casey has multiple CPRA qualifiers. Casey has been a Prairie Circuit Finals qualifier, as well as a Finalist in Cheyenne Frontier Days and San Antonio. Casey was also an American Royal Finalist.
- Cole Camac: (Chute Doggin Instructor) Cole grew up in Augusta, KS. He attended Augusta High School, then went to Pratt Community College for two years before transferring to Fort Hays. State University, where he earned a degree in clinical exercise physiology. Cole got his PRCA card in 2003 and in 2005, he qualified for the PRCA’s Great Lakes Circuit Finals. Since then, he has qualified for the CPRA Finals six or seven times (although he’s lost count).
- Joel Edmondson: (Special Guest-Chute Dogging Instructor) Joel Edmondson comes from a rodeo family. He started out on bareback then tried bulldogging at the age of 19 and knew that is the event he wanted to concentrate on. Joel bulldogged for 25 years and has taught bulldogging schools all over the US and still continues to teach. Joel was the World champion bulldogger in 1983. He was also runner up to world champion in 1988. He won the Ram National Circuit in 1988. He also competed in the Ram National Circuit 4 or 5 additional times. Joel qualified for the Prairie Circuit Finals at least 15 times and won the Prairie Circuit 4 or 5 times.
- Ralph Clark (Horsemanship Instructor): Ralph retired from the Wichita police department where he started the Wichita police horse mounted patrol in 1990. That same year he also trained with Denver Colorado police departments mounted patrol. In 1998 he spent 2 weeks at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Equitation school. In addition, he is a state certified mounted police trainer. He has trained many classes of officers ranging from having no experience to expert horsemen. He has held clinics for desensitizing horses. Ralph has ridden for over 50 years and still actively participates in cowboy mounted shootings with the CMSA. Ralph also ranch sorts.
- T.A. Williams: (Horsemanship Instructor) T.A. is from Benton, Kansas. T.A. has been an instructor for Horsemanship at Rodeo Bible Camps for over 20 years and produced the Greater Wichita Area Little Britches Rodeos in the 80's and 90's. He is one of the Founders of the Kansas Ranch Roper’s Association (KRRA) that promotes horsemanship, stockmanship, and the ranch roping style. T.A. gives private riding lessons, has a small ranching operation, and operates the TTD Saddlery & Leather where he makes custom saddles, leather products, and gifts. T.A. also retired from Veterinary Practice in 2008.
- Julie Hay: (Barrels and Poles Instructor) Julie has owned & ridden horses since she was 10 years old and has been barrel racing since high school. She has won numerous buckles & awards including 2 saddles in NBHA district 10. Lifetime clinic visits by Martha Josey & Danny and Vicki Reinhardt. Julie welcomed Christ into her life at an early age & has always been involved in church functions.
- Susan Meador: (Barrels and Poles Instructor) Susan has been riding horses for over 50 years. She has been training barrel horses for over 17 years. She was the National Barrel Horse Association (NBHA) KS 10 director for 6 years. She ran at the NBHA World Show in Augusta, Georgia in 2000 and currently participates in Barrel Bashes in Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas.
- Craig Marsolf: (Calf Roping and Breakaway Instructor) Craig has spent the last 45 years competing in rodeos, training horses, and ranching. A few of Craig’s accomplishments include: Competing in the PRCA for the past 30+ years. Qualified for the Prairie Circuit finals at least 6 times in the calf roping. Craig has attended most of the “big name rodeos” and placed at many. Qualified for the CPRA finals 13 straight times and a former CPRA champion.. He has won numerous buckles, saddles, and awards. Craig also competes on a successful 4-man ranch rodeo team. Craig’s strengths are horsemanship, patience, knowledge, and a strong commitment to practice hard and correctly. Craig ranches and rides daily but continues to always work on horsemanship. Craig enjoys passing on his experience and helping others.
- Jane Barker (Calf Roping and Breakaway Instructor): Jane has ranched her whole life and continues to ranch in Cowley County. Jane has ranch rodeo’d for 9 years with multiple wins. She team ropes in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. She has won several buckles in team roping and ranch rodeoing. Jane also competes in open ranch rodeos and co-ed ranch rodeos with her family. Jane was the 2015 Don Fowler Memorial Roping Champion.
- Colt Roberts: (Floating Instructor) Colt is part of a rodeo family and has rodeo’ed since he was 6 or 7 years old. He qualified for the National High School finals all 4 years of high school. He then received a rodeo scholarship to attend Northwestern Colorado State where he team roped and calf roped all 4 years and rode bulls his freshman year. Colt currently ropes and ranch rodeos. Colt won the Old Settler Open Rodeo in team roping on the heeling side in 2017. His ranch rodeo team won the Hunn Leather Ranch Rodeo in 2017. Colt is also a USTRC member. He is currently carrying on the rodeo family tradition with his own children.
- Braden Stueve: (Team Roping Instructor) 1997-1998 High School National Team Roping Qualifier, , 2001 College National Finals Team Roping Qualifier, 2002 Hebb Rodeo All Around Champion, 2005 Prairie Circuit Finals Team Roping Qualifier, Two-time CTRA finals average winner
- Raylen Stueve: (Team Roping Instructor) Raylen was on Fort Scott’s rodeo team and Kansas State Universities rodeo team. PRCA finalist several times in heading and heeling. Three-time high school finals qualifier in heading and heeling. Prairie Circuit Finalist multiple times in heading and heeling.
- Dan Unger: (Stock Contracting Instructor) Dan has considered himself a cowboy almost all of his life. Through high school he was active in FFA and 4H horsemanship and trained a reserve grand champion halter horse at the county fair. He was an active team roper, both in front of the chutes and behind. His wife and him own 3 horses now. He is active at 3WC where he is a lay pastor overseeing the youth group, as well as other responsibilities. He is also the assistant director of our Bible camp.
- Gene Wonser: (Instructor Coordinator, Floating Instructor) Gene comes from a long line of horsemen, therefore, he has ridden and owned horses his entire life. He has been breaking colts and training horses since he was a teenager. He has team roped for over 30 years on both the heading and healing side. Gene has won several buckles and saddles at rodeos and team roping jackpots. Gene was a USTRC member for several years and has roped all over the Midwest. In addition, Gene was also the President of the KRRA (Kansas Ranch Ropers Association) in 2015 and a board member in 2013, 2014, and 2017. He also ranch rodeos on a successful 4 member team in Kansas and co-ed ranch rodeo’s with his wife and 3 children. He also ranch sorts. Gene and his immediate family have organized and produced several rodeos, ranch sortings, and barrel jackpots, as well.
- John Tullis: (Steer Riding Instructor)
- Luke Burrows: (Bull Fighting Basics Instructor)